- (18 October 2009) Hippo is no longer being supported, but there is a client called Emerald that is even better. Read about here. Also, I created a page for this and other K-Grid topics;
- (14 April 2009) I updated this post 26 December 2008 to reflect the domain name change from k-grid.net to k-grid.com. I did another update 14 April 2009 to reflect changes in the process.
I downloaded the Hippo OpenSim client and was able to visit k-grid with it. I thought I would make a quick how-to blog about it. I didn’t spend a lot of time doing QA/QC on this, so it may be a bit sparse in the info/accuracy part. Also, I did the Mac version, so if you have Linux or Windows it may be a tad different.
1. You need a k-grid.com account. Ask Sacha Magne if you have questions about this.
2. I got the client viewer from here.
3. Now run it. You need to tell it what grid you have, and there’s a “Grids” button at the bottom of the login screen to pull up the properties tab for doing this.
4. Set up the grid properties
1. click the “Add” button
3. enter “http://grid.k-grid.com:8002/” in the “Login URL” blank
4. click “Get Grid Info” – this will connect to the address you entered and fill in the rest of the info as you see here.
5. click “Default” so that kgrid will now show up there as default.
6. click apply
Now, back on the main login screen, you can enter the login info you created at k-grid.com when you registered there, and you should be good to go.
See you on the grid!